The University of Melbourne
|Chief Investigator||University Supervisor||Closing Date|
|Dr Isabel Krug||Jade Portingale||19 Nov, 2022|
|Chief Investigator||Dr Isabel Krug|
|University Supervisor||Jade Portingale|
|Closing Date||19 Nov, 2022|
The broad aim of our study is to understand which factors influence how flexible self-perception is through the use of multisensory bodily illusions.\
Our specific aim is to understand whether males with varying levels of body image disturbance differ in their susceptibility to these illusions.\
The hypothesis: we expect that males with body image disturbance will be more susceptible.
What does my participation involve?
If you agree to participate, you will be asked to:
· Complete an online questionnaire
· Pose for a neutral photograph that only our research team will see
· Complete some online experimental tasks which assess self-perception
. Complete some experimental tasks which assess self-perception.
Requirements for participation:
· You are male
· You are aged 18 years or over
· You are of Caucasian, South-Eastern Asian or Eastern Asian ethnicity