Eating Disorders Families Australia has a range of current and ongoing offerings for clinicians and carers. Please see more details below.
Professor Tony Attwood's Autism & Eating Disorders Webinar Recording
Due to ongoing demand for access to his recent webinar on the links between autism and eating disorders, Professor Attwood has granted EDFA two months additional release of the recording to carers, clinicians and individuals living with eating disorders, expiring at midnight on the 31st May 2021 instead of the 2nd April!
Why are we excited about this?
· Because we believe information and understanding about the co-existence of these two conditions is vital in assisting the recovery of more than a third of individuals living with eating disorders! It is becoming increasingly accepted that treatment for the ASD/ED population needs to be adapted and there is strong and emerging supporting research evidence to support this.
· We want to empower families and clinicians to advocate for positive and informed change for those living with autism and eating disorders by spreading the word at home and internationally.
What does this mean for you?
· You have longer to view the webinar and can watch it as many times as you like until the 31st May!
· If you are a carer you can inform your loved one’s treatment team about the opportunity to learn about the ASD/ED overlap!
· If you are a clinician you can inform your colleagues, clients and their families about the opportunity to learn about the ASD/ED overlap!
· You can give others the good news that the webinar is now available to them to view for a further two months!
Non members: AUD $75 https://www.trybooking.com/BPHDV
Members (Australian EDFA parent/carer members only): AUD $40
You may also like to check out EDFA's Autism and Eating Disorders Webinar "Wrap Up" here: https://edfa.org.au/.../tony-attwood-anorexia-eating.../
We hope this extra viewing time is helpful for you, your colleagues, clients and families, and that you are as excited as we are about this opportunity to support individuals living with autism and eating disorders!
Temperament Based Treatment with Supports (TBT-S) Webinar Series
The next issue of the webinar series will discuss the experience of COVID-19 requiring TBT-S treatment to change from face to face to online delivery via telehealth. Presented by Dr Stephanie Knatz-Peck.
When: 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM Australian Eastern Standard-time, Friday, 28th May 2021
Education/Information Sessions for Parents and Carers
EDFA provides education/information sessions for member carers on various eating disorder topics of interest on the 1st and 3rd Thursday evenings of each month at 8pm-9.30pm AEST. These sessions are for EDFA member parents and carers. The sessions commenced during Covid and continue to be well attended with continuous positive feedback from our parent/carer members. Almost all the sessions are recorded and available in the private strive Australia Facebook forum for ongoing access to members.