Eating Disorders Families Australia has a range of current and ongoing offerings for clinicians and carers. Please see more details below.
Professor Tony Attwood's Autism & Eating Disorders Webinar Recording
Due to ongoing demand for access to his recent webinar on the links between autism and eating disorders, Professor Attwood has granted EDFA two months additional release of the recording to carers, clinicians and individuals living with eating disorders, expiring at midnight on the 31st May 2021 instead of the 2nd April!
Why are we excited about this?
· Because we believe information and understanding about the co-existence of these two conditions is vital in assisting the recovery of more than a third of individuals living with eating disorders! It is becoming increasingly accepted that treatment for the ASD/ED population needs to be adapted and there is strong and emerging supporting research evidence to support this.
· We want to empower families and clinicians to advocate for positive and informed change for those living with autism and eating disorders by spreading the word at home and internationally.
What does this mean for you?
· You have longer to view the webinar and can watch it as many times as you like until the 31st May!
· If you are a carer you can inform your loved one’s treatment team about the opportunity to learn about the ASD/ED overlap!
· If you are a clinician you can inform your colleagues, clients and their families about the opportunity to learn about the ASD/ED overlap!
· You can give others the good news that the webinar is now available to them to view for a further two months!
Non members: AUD $75 https://www.trybooking.com/BPHDV
Members (Australian EDFA parent/carer members only): AUD $40
You may also like to check out EDFA's Autism and Eating Disorders Webinar "Wrap Up" here: https://edfa.org.au/.../tony-attwood-anorexia-eating.../
We hope this extra viewing time is helpful for you, your colleagues, clients and families, and that you are as excited as we are about this opportunity to support individuals living with autism and eating disorders!
TBT-S Education Session for Parents and Carers presented by TEDx Speaker & TBT-S developer Dr Laura Hill
The upcoming education session with Dr Laura Hill for EDFA carer members will be held on the 15th April, and is all about TBT-S (Temperament Based Therapy with Supports) - an eating disorder treatment for older adolescents and adults. Originally from the US, TBT-S evolved from Family Based Treatment, and it fits with the EDFA ethos that family and carers are central to recovery, as this treatment acknowledges and embraces the family in the treatment process. If not EDFA members, carers can join EDFA (https://edfa.org.au/get-involved/become-a-member/) and can access the meeting link here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/edfastriveaustralia/announcements. Or they can get in touch with EDFA for information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Siblings Support & Education Group
EDFA provide a support and education group for siblings living alongside a loved one living with an eating disorder, which is held on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7.30-8.30pm AEST. Siblings can sign up for Siblings Support group here: https://edfa.org.au/siblings-support-groups/ and the submission of a consent form is required for access to the group to email@example.com. The link for this meeting will be emailed privately to registered siblings on the day of the event.
This group is alongside the national online strive support groups, which now include the new ARFID, Bulimia and strive4Men support groups for carers.
Education/Information Sessions for Parents and Carers
EDFA provides education/information sessions for member carers on various eating disorder topics of interest on the 1st and 3rd Thursday evenings of each month at 8pm-9.30pm AEST. These sessions are for EDFA member parents and carers. The sessions commenced during Covid and continue to be well attended with continuous positive feedback from our parent/carer members. Almost all the sessions are recorded and available in the private strive Australia Facebook forum for ongoing access to members.