In this role, you will play an integral part in the reestablishment and development of our world renowned program in delivering care to those affected with eating disorders.
With your qualifications as a clinical therapist and extensive knowledge of the complexities of treating people with eating disorders, you will provide leadership to the team delivering therapy including:
- Planning, leading and facilitating therapy groups.
- Clinical supervision.
- Advice and mentoring.
- Sharing resources, updated protocols and processes, issues with clients.
- Deciding on appropriate action to handle problems or issues arising during program sessions.
- Monitoring performance of therapy staff in the delivery of the program.
Selection Criteria (essential):
- Qualifications: Minimum level acceptable is an honours degree (or equivalent) in psychology, counselling, occupational therapy, social work or similar; ensuring full registration with AHPRA, APS or relevant professional body.
- Direct experience leading a team of clinicians working with people with an eating disorder and/or other mental disorder in a counselling/support/therapeutic role.
- Experience in support group facilitation and/or direct experience as a group facilitator for an eating disorder support or therapy group operating within a community health framework, coupled with an ability to manage difficult and challenging group dynamics.
- A good understanding of ethical and best practice principles for the treatment, counselling and support of people with eating disorders. Also a clear understanding of professional boundaries, confidentiality and privacy principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player, developing and maintaining effective and harmonious working relationships with colleagues.
- Hold a current WWCC, Police & First Aid Certificate